Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 10, 2011

*In Memory Of Steve Jobs* I kind of expected it. I'm sure

In Memory Of Steve Jobs



I kind of expected it. I'm sure many people would. But not so soon. Alas, the final day came. Job's health is failing ever since he came back from medical leave in Aug. And handing over to Tim Cook as his successor was to be the final signs of his departure.

I am a Windows user for as long as I've touched a keyboard. However, I still admire Apple products for their innovation and how they inspired and touched people's lives. I remember some donkey years back when Apple had just released the iMac. Or more commonly referred to as PowerPC. It was the monitor that had the distinctive semi-transparent casing and bright colors on its base and back. It was running Mac OSX, can't recall which version. I was dumbfounded as to how to operate this unusual Operating System whereby the taskbar is situated at the top of the screen and the minimise, maximise, close buttons were in the form of small circles, located on the opposite side of a normal window.

I did not touch a Mac after that. But I got used to an iPod when SingTel gave away a free one as part of their re-contract promotion. It was a 4GB silver iPod Mini which contains a Hitachi MicroDrive inside for storage. I have used that during my ITE days and it lasted me for at least 3 years thereafter the battery could no longer hold its charge.

By then, I was enlisted in the ARMY, and one day after guard duty, I went off to an Apple store to grab a 2GB black Nano. That too was lost when I held my first job as a computer technician as Challenger, Funan. No more iPods thank you. Too many devices to look out for, hence a phone will suffice.

New commuting experience



Probably I was inspired by one of Top Gear's episod whereby the presenters got into a race from one place to another in peak hour traffic. They had to go by 4 means of transport: boat, bike, bus, car. The bike won. Therefore, I thought it would be a good idea to get a bike for myself to cycle to work. The location is at Jurong Point. The shortest route by car would be 8.5km and I clocked only 7.4 km on the bike. And it takes the same time for me to reach if I were to walk to the MRT station, board a train, change to another train and finally alight. The negative part? I can't cycle when it rains.


Nikon's compact superzoom



This is my latest tech toy. Bought impromptu a week before the first Hari Raya outing. My 2nd camera purchased. I think it was a mistake to purchase. Now under-utilised. It's for sale! $600.00 or negotiable. Please contact me at
cyph3r@singnet.com.sg.

Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến