Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 4, 2012

OFF THE ACCELERATOR & SMELL THE COFFEE

I had a call from a friend of mine yesterday. Not good news. We keep in constant contact and she is my ears and eyes in the media industry since she has been immersed in it for almost two decades.

Moreover, her family is also close to mine so inevitably, our sharing sessions go beyond industry gossip. She is married to a charming guy whom I always 'joked' is too hard-working for his own good. A dedicated husband and wonderful father, he does stretch himself too thin, I felt.

When we met for their 12th wedding anniversary last year, I noticed that he looked totally exhausted. I mentioned it to my friend who also told me that their sex lives had taken a serious dip since he gained a big promotion.

I recall saying that at the rate he was going, he was going to break down. At times like this, I hate it when I'm right because during our recent phone chat, she revealed that he had suffered a breakdown. He had become jittery, irritable, naggy and needless to say their sex lives were at their lowest ebb in years.

But seriously, this is happening a lot in Singapore. Everyone seems to be chasing that elusive Golden Egg and forget that if there is no balance elsewhere in their lives, there just won't be no goose to lay those eyes.

The government has to bear a lot of the blame here, since they have over the decades pushed towards excellence. We need to chill and accept that sometimes, actually, a lot of the time, excellence does not equate to happiness and fulfilling lives. Now they realise their mistake but it takes a lot of undoing because as long as it took to change laid-back mindsets, it will take equally long to persuade them to smell the coffee.

Sex is a wonderful part of life and while it may not last forever, when you are physically able to have it, you ought to not put obstacles in front of it, what I believe to be one of several natural instincts of our species.

So as for my friend, her husband has taken an indefinite leave of absence from work, is seeking treatment and has to undergo a difficult process of learning to chill and take things easy.

I hope things work out fine for them but for those of you who are heading down the same road, or have a partner heading down that road, it's time to give them a reality check now. Tomorrow may be one day too late.

It's easy for many of us to fall into the trap of living our lives at a 100 miles an hour. That needs to stop. Aside from its obvious procreational functions, sex adds balance to a hectic city lifestyle and we should not forget it.

Missus Singapore out!
Missus Singapore or Miss Us Singapore (at your own peril) - A married woman on the loose

Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến