Thứ Bảy, 3 tháng 11, 2012

THE FRESH YOUNG ONES

I was invited to help a friend give some advice to some fresh new models on the eve of their graduation last week. It was nice to slip back into the mode and apparently, I'm told, I still have the moves.

So I met up with nine new models and got down chatting with them. Top of the list of questions asked was 'how much can a model make?'

Imagine that. They haven't even made a mark for themselves and they are already asking about how much they would make.

I remember when I started out, it was just a matter of focusing on doing as many gigs as I could. It is all about exposure in the early days really. But to be fair, in dollar sense, the models today don't really get as much as we used to.

So my advice to them was to reinvent themselves. Be a little bolder and take on jobs that are not your typical sort. I know that many new models squirm at lingerie shoots but they actually pay on average, 2.5 times more. I did the math.

Of course some of us used to make extra money as models for photography societies. If you are thinking of nude posing, well, your options are definitely a lot wider. If you are in the business, let's face it, your body is going to be public property anyway, so throw out your moralistic values if you want to go all the way.

No, you don't need to sleep around - that is up to you - but for the few of us, our thoughts then were why not have fun while making money too.

When I was alone by myself for a bit, one girl came up to me asking if nude photography was for her? I firstly asked her what she felt about being totally naked infront of the camera. And she told me that she hadn't done it before. So my straight answer was 'No!' Not until she was comfortable in the buff could she convince the camera that it was all natural.

While the camera lens can be your biggest friend, it can also be one's biggest critic that can and will reveal every detail, even what's on your mind. It's penetrative.

I just thought I'd share this with you. It's been a busy few weeks for me and I can't wait to get back on track with the FB Club. Thanks for your patience.

Missus Singapore out!
One Woman. Many Opinions. Lots of Juice.

Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến