Thứ Ba, 6 tháng 12, 2011

WEDDING BLUES

I attended a wedding for an old friend of mine sometime back. It was great to catch up with some old faces and reminisce about days gone by. I knew the bride but not the groom.

So anyway, midway through, I needed to visit the ladies room but somehow strayed along the wrong path. I reached a far end and was about to turn back when I heard what sounded like two people arguing. It sounded familiar and I swear it wasn't me but the journalistic vein in me that compelled me to investigate.

As I gradually looked beyond the wall, I was shocked to see the bride (my friend) and her groom in a state of heated argument. I won't divulge the subject of their irritation but imagine that, on their wedding day and they are already fighting. Maybe I'm old school but shouldn't a couple at this stage, want nothing more than to cuddle up and listen to late-70s sentimental hits together? How things have changed.

It certainly doesn't augur well for them but who knows, it may just be the way they are used to behave with each other. But couples argue all the time and I understand that but so soon off the mark? There will be more than enough time to want to pull each other's hair out but save that for later. One's wedding day is to savour and not to remember it with a sour aftertaste.

I didn't leave with a good feeling. I just hope they will work things out!

Missus Singapore out!

PS: Of course you know that I am going to call her to find out more!
Missus Singapore or Miss Us Singapore (at your own peril) - A married woman on the loose

Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến