Thứ Bảy, 25 tháng 8, 2012

I'm attracted to fruits

I'm referring to a particular one: Apple. After the experience with the Mac Mini (which was purchased mistakenly for replacement of a gaming PC), I stayed out of the walled garden. Months went by and it was after Apple Inc released the new Macbook Pro Retina display then I grew more fond of its products. Having repaired and configured Apple products ranging from their iMacs to Macbook Pros for a year now, I found that simplicity is still a key to success. I was completely sold when they released upgrades to their Macbook lineup. And the idea of an iPad with full-sized physical keyboard (I hate typing on virtual keyboards especially big screen ones) seems good.
Fresh from Cupertino
So here it is. After at least 2 weeks from placing orders. I hunted around for a slip case and found a comfy one from Targus (pictures coming soon). And my buddy from Apple dept found a turquoise-coloured clip on casing. Was searching for a sky blue to match my jacket however there isn't any well at least it matches my phone's cover. So yes, double protection.
After unboxing
Unboxing any Apple hardware is like unwrapping a present. No matter how many times you've done it, it never fails to amaze you. The technology, the ideas and the effort that goes into creating such an innovation.
Anorexic-cally-thin
First start-up
Look for any Window-based system that does that initial setup as hassle-free as a Mac. There isn't any - that's the truth. Across all Mac PC/NB lineup, setup takes less than a minute if all required (optional left out) blanks are filled. Start-up or cold boot takes on-the-dot 10secs, 2 secs ahead from my Windows PC that runs an i7 processor and twice the amount of RAM. Not everything on speed are hardware-based. After performing some updates, I proceeded to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Those buying prior to this week all sets came with Lion pre-installed and are entitled to a free upgrade. The end user is required to visit Apple website, fill up a form and wait for 2 emails to arrive. Then, the download will be carried out thru Mac app store. Save the hassle, I have modified a normal 8GB Sony thumb drive that contains everything needed for a Mountain Lion upgrade. Whole process completed in less than 30 minutes. I'm off to load Steam (content distribution software) and some others for a test drive. To be continued. . .

Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến